July 10, 2013
Did you know that the fourth Sunday of July marks Parents’ Day? It was established in 1994 by President Bill Clinton to honor parents and their roles in child-rearing. Why not show your parents how much you love them by doing something special for them this Parents’ Day? If you’re out of ideas, check out our suggestions below!
1. Make a scrapbook. If you’re creatively-inclined and have some time on your hands, making a family scrapbook for your parents is one thoughtful way to show them that you’ve cherished all of the memories you’ve created together as a family. If you have kids, let them in on the fun! Crafting the book with your children will make it all the more meaningful.
2. Go to the beach! There are few things more relaxing than sitting in a beach chair with your toes in the sand. Your parents can take Seastreak in from the city, enjoy some refreshments at the cash bar, and recline in our fabulous plush seats while waiting to dock in beautiful Sandy Hook or Martha’s Vineyard.
3. Take them out for a delicious meal, or show them how much of an adult you are by making one yourself. Even if you aren’t a Michelin-rated chef, we’re sure they’ll appreciate the effort.
4. Purchase tickets to an upcoming show or game. There are a lot of fantastic shows on Broadway, and if your parents love entertainment, there is nothing better than seeing a live performance in the city.
5. Spend time together. The perfect way to show your appreciation for your parents is by spending quality time together. You can reminisce about your childhood, share funny stories, and learn more about what your parents were like at your age.
How are you celebrating Parents’ Day this year? Let us know on Facebook, send us a tweet @SeastreakFerry, or leave a comment below!
Sea you soon,
The Seastreak Family
Filed Under: The Hot List